3 women accused of dumping friend in cold
NORTH BERGEN, N.J. (AP) - January 29, 2009 -- Three women are accused of abandoning a former friend wearing only a dress and a shoe in 8-degree weather along the New Jersey-New York border.
North Bergen police say the women were seeking revenge because the 19-year-old had sued one of the women's insurance company after a car accident.
Lt. Frank Cannella says the victim suffered serious frostbite on both feet and may need surgery.
Twenty-two-year-old Maria Contreras-Luciano of Dumont, 20-year-old Amber Crespo and 21-year-old Dyanne Velasquez, both of North Bergen, face kidnapping, assault and conspiracy charges. They each posted $200,000 bail.
A motorist let the teen use a cell phone, but refused to give her a ride. Another motorist took her to a hospital and she reported the incident four days later.
Information from: The Record of Bergen County, http://www.northjersey.com
CLICK HERE to follow Action News on Twitter
CLICK HERE to get Action News on your website
CLICK HERE to find Action News on Facebook
- Robbery suspect sought, Villanova U. locked down 19 min ago
- Splendid spring finale
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Crackdown on illegal street vendors in W. Phila. 4 min ago
- Pregnant woman, 2 others shot in N. Phila.
- Viewer takes photos of bear in back yard
- Men's Wearhouse ousts founder, pitchman Zimmer 12 min ago
- 20 people charged in Ocean Co. heroin raids
- 15 charged in NJ unemployment fraud case
- Father, son 'pimps' acquitted after prostitutes testify
- Suspect robs Philadelphia Dunkin' Donuts at gunpoint 47 min ago
- Deen says she used slur but doesn't tolerate hate
- AMA declares obesity a disease [POLL] 8 min ago
- Men's Wearhouse ousts founder, pitchman...
12 min ago
- AMA declares obesity a disease [POLL]
8 min ago