Vandals slash tires in Roxborough
ROXBOROUGH - February 22, 2009 (WPVI) -- Police say at least ten vehicles had their tires slashed overnight and they suspect there could be more.
A tow truck was summoned to the parking lot near Leverington and Krams Avenues in Roxborough Sunday because of the vandalism.
Maureen Welsh was one of the victims; she had two tires on her Jeep slashed.
"I just put these tires on the car two months ago, they're all brand new and now, I'm putting two new ones on again. It's just such a waste. It's so senseless and mindless. It's very mean and I don't know why people do it," Maureen said.
Some victims changed the tires themselves, all sharing feelings of anger and dismay over the senseless act that occurred sometime between 1:30 to 4:30 a.m. Sunday morning.
Laura Pollera didn't realize she was a victim until she entered her car and noticed every car around her had slashed tires. She walked out of her car and that's when she saw here damaged tire.
Police say there are no surveillance cameras in the parking lot, but some storefronts received minor damage and detectives will be checking to see if any of their cameras caught the culprits on tape.
CLICK HERE to follow Action News on Twitter
CLICK HERE to get Action News on your website
CLICK HERE to find Action News on Facebook
local/state, lauren wilson
- Missing Philadelphia couple found safe
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain 8 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett to announce Vatican trip
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim 52 min ago
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila.
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- Video: Secret Oreo cookie recipe sold to China
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: Wedding of cop, teacher at Flower Show
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
8 min ago
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim
52 min ago