Local 'Wife Swap' star enjoying the spotlight
WILLIAMSTOWN, N.J. - April 17, 2009 (WPVI) -- In Gloucester County, hundreds of friends and family turned out for a viewing party, as a local family got a shot at fame on a reality TV show.
The Burroughs of Williamstown, New Jersey were featured on Friday's addition of ABC's Wife Swap.
Shannon Burrough swapped lives for a week with a woman that lives in a log cabin from rural Virginia.
That woman's family pride themselves on having no running water or electricity.
According to Shannon, that lifestyle was a complete switch from her home in New Jersey.
The show depicted Shannon of being somewhat high maintenance, loving fancy jewelry, furs, and plastic surgery.
Shannon told Action News she doesn't dispute that, but there is more to her and the family that wasn't shown on television.
"Yes, I do like to doll myself up, I like to go shopping, but I'm also a registered nurse, I have a profession, I work hard," Shannon said.
Shannon says she's glad to be back home in the Delaware Valley and is enjoying all the attention the show has brought.
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Wet to Wintry!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Driver loses control, hits parked SUV in South Philly 1 min ago
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Hundreds rescued after ferry sinks near South Korea
- 20-month-old found safe, Amber Alert canceled
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Woman delivers baby after church van crash
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos