2 surrender in Mother's Day death of Pa. girl, 9
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - May 14, 2009 -- Philadelphia drug kingpin Kaboni Savage once said he dreamed of killing the children of informants, and was recently charged in the 2004 arson that wiped out a rival's family.
Now, Savage's own 9-year-old daughter is dead, the apparent victim of an unrelated turf war in south-central Pennsylvania.
York police say Ciara Savage of Lancaster was fatally shot on Mother's Day when she got caught in a dispute between two local gangs. Detective Jeff Spence says there's no apparent connection to her father.
Spence says two York teens are in custody and a third is being sought in the girl's death.
Kaboni Savage is serving a 30-year-term for drug trafficking and witness intimidation in a high-security prison in Colorado.
- Multi-vehicle crash closes EB Pa. Turnpike 10 min ago
- Temps Soar 4 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Volleyball coach accused of sex with student 6 min ago
- Shots fired at home in Lower Gwynedd 8 min ago
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Photos: Pictures of the Pa. Turnpike crash
- Woman's secret Santa turns out to be Bill Gates
- Temps Soar
4 min ago