2 surrender in Mother's Day death of Pa. girl, 9
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - May 14, 2009 -- Philadelphia drug kingpin Kaboni Savage once said he dreamed of killing the children of informants, and was recently charged in the 2004 arson that wiped out a rival's family.
Now, Savage's own 9-year-old daughter is dead, the apparent victim of an unrelated turf war in south-central Pennsylvania.
York police say Ciara Savage of Lancaster was fatally shot on Mother's Day when she got caught in a dispute between two local gangs. Detective Jeff Spence says there's no apparent connection to her father.
Spence says two York teens are in custody and a third is being sought in the girl's death.
Kaboni Savage is serving a 30-year-term for drug trafficking and witness intimidation in a high-security prison in Colorado.
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate
- Breezy And Mild!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- Driver crashes SUV into pole in East Falls, DUI suspected
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos