Philly drug kingpin fighting link to 12 slayings
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - June 5, 2009 -- A convicted drug kingpin is fighting charges he and his allies took part in a dozen Philadelphia-area murders.
Prosecutors say Kaboni Savage and his co-defendants killed rivals, witnesses, and six relatives of an associate-turned-informant.
The 34-year-old Savage is serving 30 years for drug trafficking at a federal Supermax prison in Colorado. New charges filed this year name him as ordering the arson that killed informant Eugene Coleman's family in a 2004 rowhouse fire.
Savage pleaded not guilty to the new indictment at his arraignment late Friday. Prosecutors expect the trial to take place in about a year.
Savage's own 9-year-old daughter was killed in crossfire on Mother's Day in York, in a case unrelated to her father.
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days 19 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Investigators chasing 'every angle' on missing jet 18 min ago
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
19 min ago