Philly drug kingpin fighting link to 12 slayings
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - June 5, 2009 -- A convicted drug kingpin is fighting charges he and his allies took part in a dozen Philadelphia-area murders.
Prosecutors say Kaboni Savage and his co-defendants killed rivals, witnesses, and six relatives of an associate-turned-informant.
The 34-year-old Savage is serving 30 years for drug trafficking at a federal Supermax prison in Colorado. New charges filed this year name him as ordering the arson that killed informant Eugene Coleman's family in a 2004 rowhouse fire.
Savage pleaded not guilty to the new indictment at his arraignment late Friday. Prosecutors expect the trial to take place in about a year.
Savage's own 9-year-old daughter was killed in crossfire on Mother's Day in York, in a case unrelated to her father.
- 2 dead after truck and car collide in Mercer County 31 min ago
- Very cold today, Saturday storm 25 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Suspicious package found outside Planet Fitness in Olney 5 min ago
- Suspects tie up 71-year-old in home invasion
- Worker shocked by electrical cable in East Falls
- Bandit holds up TD Bank in Chestnut Hill
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- American University campus lockdown lifted
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- Video: Cover Story: Can Foles break jinx?
- 2 dead after truck and car collide in...
31 min ago