Worker killed in boiling chocolate I.D.'d
CAMDEN, N.J. - July 8, 2009 (WPVI) -- Rescuers say a man died after falling into a vat of boiling chocolate inside a factory in Camden.
The worker has been identified as Vincent Smith, Jr., 29.
The accident happened around 10:00 a.m. at Lyons and Sons in the 700 block of 36th Street.
Police say Smith was loading chocolate into a vat where it's melted and mixed when he fell through an opening.
Investigators say Smith was caught up in the machinery mixing the chocolate. By the time his co-workers heard his screams and got to the vat, it was too late.
Smith was hit and fatally injured by the agitator that mixes the chocolate.
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Puppy poisoned in Mantua, New Jersey
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; hundreds still missing
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Wawa celebrates 50th birthday with big gifts
- Photos: Wawa celebrates 50 years
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man