FBI search Bonnie Sweeten's home
July 24, 2009 (WPVI) -- Action News has learned that federal authorities have now plunged into the Bonnie Sweeten saga.
Sources tell Action News that FBI agents based in Fort Washington converged on the Sweeten home early Friday afternoon to execute search warrants.
Agents took away paperwork from the home in an ongoing investigation into missing money that Sweeten allegedly took from former clients of a law firm where she worked.
Details of the probe have been sealed in federal court, but today's actions now show Sweeten under investigation by local and federal agencies.
Sweeten waived her formal arraignment set for Friday. a trial date of August 24 was set.
It has also been confirmed her husband filed for divorce this week in Bucks County.
- Follow Action News on Twitter
- Get Action News on your website
- Follow Action News on Facebook
- Get the latest Philadelphia headlines from across the Delaware and Lehigh valleys
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle crash
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish 3 min ago
- Volleyball coach accused of sex with student
- Shots fired at home in Lower Gwynedd
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Woman's secret Santa turns out to be Bill Gates
- Temps Soar