FBI search Bonnie Sweeten's home
July 24, 2009 (WPVI) -- Action News has learned that federal authorities have now plunged into the Bonnie Sweeten saga.
Sources tell Action News that FBI agents based in Fort Washington converged on the Sweeten home early Friday afternoon to execute search warrants.
Agents took away paperwork from the home in an ongoing investigation into missing money that Sweeten allegedly took from former clients of a law firm where she worked.
Details of the probe have been sealed in federal court, but today's actions now show Sweeten under investigation by local and federal agencies.
Sweeten waived her formal arraignment set for Friday. a trial date of August 24 was set.
It has also been confirmed her husband filed for divorce this week in Bucks County.
- Follow Action News on Twitter
- Get Action News on your website
- Follow Action News on Facebook
- Get the latest Philadelphia headlines from across the Delaware and Lehigh valleys
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Clouds to sun, cool today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Vice principal commits suicide after ferry accident
- Popular chocolate maker reopens in time for Easter
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Video: Hero twins yell, hit carjacker to escape