Singer Bobby Rydell involved in crash
NARBERTH, Pa. - August 18, 2009 (WPVI) -- Bobby Rydell gives Action News his side of the story.
Lower Merion police say Rydell was taken into custody after he failed a field sobriety test.
However, he has not been charged with DUI, pending toxicology results.
Police say Rydell drove over a clay fixture, before hitting some bushes and this stone retaining wall.
Rydell's Bentley came to a stop when he hit the building of the Jai Yoga Center in the 700 block of Montgomery Avenue.
The studio owner Erica Taxin-Bleznek says she's thankful no one was injured.
"When we finally got him to the driveway and out of the debris he thought he was not sure if he had hit one of us, he seemed really out of it," Txin-Bleznek said.
Rydell told Action News by phone this afternoon that quote "I did have a couple of drinks at lunch, but don't think that I was impaired."
He also said he was being tailgated when he drove over the bushes. Rydell was best known as a teen idol in the 60's.
- BIG STORIES: Get the most popular stuff on 6abc.com
- Follow Action News on Twitter
- Get Action News on your website
- Follow Action News on Facebook
- Get the latest Philadelphia headlines from across the Delaware and Lehigh valleys
- Drexel student found dead in sorority house 11 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday 34 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run 7 min ago
- Iranian teen had stolen passport on missing jet
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Video: Dad ditches son's stroller to catch baseball
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
34 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos