Singer Bobby Rydell involved in crash
NARBERTH, Pa. - August 18, 2009 (WPVI) -- Bobby Rydell gives Action News his side of the story.
Lower Merion police say Rydell was taken into custody after he failed a field sobriety test.
However, he has not been charged with DUI, pending toxicology results.
Police say Rydell drove over a clay fixture, before hitting some bushes and this stone retaining wall.
Rydell's Bentley came to a stop when he hit the building of the Jai Yoga Center in the 700 block of Montgomery Avenue.
The studio owner Erica Taxin-Bleznek says she's thankful no one was injured.
"When we finally got him to the driveway and out of the debris he thought he was not sure if he had hit one of us, he seemed really out of it," Txin-Bleznek said.
Rydell told Action News by phone this afternoon that quote "I did have a couple of drinks at lunch, but don't think that I was impaired."
He also said he was being tailgated when he drove over the bushes. Rydell was best known as a teen idol in the 60's.
- BIG STORIES: Get the most popular stuff on 6abc.com
- Follow Action News on Twitter
- Get Action News on your website
- Follow Action News on Facebook
- Get the latest Philadelphia headlines from across the Delaware and Lehigh valleys
- Would-be robber stabbed; suspect's mom talks
- Periods of rain today, getting cooler
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Funeral for Nelson Mandela to be held Dec. 15th
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Video: Jim Gardner recalls visiting Mandela's cell
- Body found on side of road in Wilmington 20 min ago
- Center City rape victim speaks to Action News
- Reward offered after dogs found in trash bags 27 min ago
- Police raid alleged chop shop in North Philadelphia
- Feds accused of targeting minorities in stash house stings
- Surveillance video shows Christmas package theft
- Police: Teen stole Porsche part from Paul Walker crash