Singer Bobby Rydell involved in crash
NARBERTH, Pa. - August 18, 2009 (WPVI) -- Bobby Rydell gives Action News his side of the story.
Lower Merion police say Rydell was taken into custody after he failed a field sobriety test.
However, he has not been charged with DUI, pending toxicology results.
Police say Rydell drove over a clay fixture, before hitting some bushes and this stone retaining wall.
Rydell's Bentley came to a stop when he hit the building of the Jai Yoga Center in the 700 block of Montgomery Avenue.
The studio owner Erica Taxin-Bleznek says she's thankful no one was injured.
"When we finally got him to the driveway and out of the debris he thought he was not sure if he had hit one of us, he seemed really out of it," Txin-Bleznek said.
Rydell told Action News by phone this afternoon that quote "I did have a couple of drinks at lunch, but don't think that I was impaired."
He also said he was being tailgated when he drove over the bushes. Rydell was best known as a teen idol in the 60's.
- BIG STORIES: Get the most popular stuff on 6abc.com
- Follow Action News on Twitter
- Get Action News on your website
- Follow Action News on Facebook
- Get the latest Philadelphia headlines from across the Delaware and Lehigh valleys
- Mourning NJ doctor killed in murder-suicide 3 min ago
- Stormy to spectacular
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Paraplegic man castrated in SW Phila. attack 1 min ago
- Storms bring floods to the Jersey shore 15 min ago
- Video: Incredible footage of wrong-way bus crash
- Police: Girl used in theft at Phila. nail salon
- Tire dumping probe targets Wilmington shop
- Teacher charged again for indecent exposure
- Construction worker killed on way to job
- US: Unruly traveler had worked at State Department
- $325,000 Cash 5 ticket sold in Philadelphia
- Phillies activate Carlos Ruiz from disabled list
- Mourning NJ doctor killed in murder-suicide
3 min ago