Toledo man grows ducky tomato
TOLEDO, OH, AUG. 19, 2009 -- Wonder why he didn't sell this on eBay??
In late July, Rick Cottier of Toledo sent us: "A picture from my garden of a tomato that looks like a rubber duck."
Last week Rick writes: "The sad day has finally come. The last picture of the fully ripened Rubber Duck Tomato. It will be very hard to slice and eat this tomato. I did however purchase bacon during my last shopping trip. I'm not sure if I should call my sandwich a BLT or BLD (bacon, lettuce and duck)?" The tomato duck was now full ripened and still on the vine.
Today, the trilogy is complete: "This is probably a little strange but I felt I had to do it. Attached is the last picture of the Rubber Duckie Tomato as a BLD (bacon, lettuce and duck sandwich). For those who need to know, it was a very tasty once in a lifetime sandwich."
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera 16 min ago
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ