Toledo man grows ducky tomato
TOLEDO, OH, AUG. 19, 2009 -- Wonder why he didn't sell this on eBay??
In late July, Rick Cottier of Toledo sent us: "A picture from my garden of a tomato that looks like a rubber duck."
Last week Rick writes: "The sad day has finally come. The last picture of the fully ripened Rubber Duck Tomato. It will be very hard to slice and eat this tomato. I did however purchase bacon during my last shopping trip. I'm not sure if I should call my sandwich a BLT or BLD (bacon, lettuce and duck)?" The tomato duck was now full ripened and still on the vine.
Today, the trilogy is complete: "This is probably a little strange but I felt I had to do it. Attached is the last picture of the Rubber Duckie Tomato as a BLD (bacon, lettuce and duck sandwich). For those who need to know, it was a very tasty once in a lifetime sandwich."
- Runway littered with holiday mail 10 min ago
- Warmer Weekend 40 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings 14 min ago
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school 2 min ago
- SEPTA spreads holiday cheer with toy drive 21 min ago
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Fmr. Montco GOP chairman to stand trial for rape 4 min ago
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle crash
- Bishop McDevitt HS student robbed at gunpoint
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ 33 min ago
- Gov. Christie signs immigrant tuition bill
- Volleyball coach accused of sex with student
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Warmer Weekend
40 min ago