PSU students waive hearing on fatal fall
BELLEFONTE, Pa. (AP) - December 2, 2009 -- Two Penn State students have each waived their right to a preliminary hearing on misdemeanor charges in connection with the death of an 18-year-old freshman after a night of drinking.
Both defendants are 21. They each face one count of selling or furnishing alcohol to minors and one count of unlawful acts relative to alcohol.
Police say they supplied alcohol to Joseph Dado the weekend of Sept. 18. Dado was reported missing after leaving a fraternity house early on Sept. 20.
His body was found the next day at the bottom of a stairwell near the house.
penn state, pennsylvania, alcohol, underage drinking, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall 58 min ago
- Sunny and chilly 55 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat 57 min ago
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester 17 min ago
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino 59 min ago
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Sunny and chilly
55 min ago
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
57 min ago