Tolls on Pa. Turnpike will go up on Sunday
HARRISBURG, Pa. - December 30, 2009 -- Another Pennsylvania Turnpike toll increase takes effect this weekend at 12:01 a.m. on Sunday.
Turnpike spokesman Carl DeFebo says a bill passed in 2007 to provide new funding for roads, bridges and mass transit statewide called for a big toll hike of 25 percent a year ago and smaller increases each year after that.
The upcoming increase is 3 percent, with cash tolls rounded up to the next nickel.
DeFebo said that means for an average motorist, the most frequently paid toll on the turnpike system is 95 cents and that will increase to $1 for a cash toll.
pennsylvania, pennsylvania turnpike, local/state
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Fire engulfs new high-rise apartment in Calif.
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases