Police: No charges filed in 2005 probe of doctor
MILFORD, Del. - January 6, 2010 -- Police in Delaware say they wanted to charge a pediatrician five years ago with inappropriately kissing a patient, but prosecutors did not feel they could win the case.
Dr. Earl Bradley was charged last month with raping nine girls, and prosecutors have said there may be as many as 100 victims.
Milford police Lt. Edward Huey says the mother of a 3-year-old girl contacted police in March 2005 after the girl said she didn't want to go to the doctor's office "because he kissed her too much." Huey says Bradley, who had an office in Milford at the time, denied any wrongdoing. The News Journal of Wilmington could not reach his attorney for comment.
Current Attorney General Beau Biden, who took office in 2007, says there was a thorough review of the case, but prosecutors decided there wasn't enough evidence.
Information from: The (Wilmington, Del.) News Journal, http://www.delawareonline.com
delaware, child sex assault, dr. earl bradley, local/state
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- Woman killed in Germantown was Villanova prof. 58 min ago
- Pope Francis 'Person of the Year'; popularity surges 9 min ago
- Stranded family found alive in Nevada
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Cab driver carjacked in South Philadelphia
- World leaders bow, pray at Nelson Mandela's casket 29 min ago
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Possible abduction caught on camera in Spring Garden
- Police: Mom was DUI in chain-reaction crash
- Photos: Pictures from the winter storm
- Nelson Mandela lies in state in Pretoria,...
28 min ago