Accused Del. pediatrician to be tested for HIV
LEWES, Del. - January 10, 2010 -- A prosecutor says a Delaware pediatrician accused of sexually abusing patients will be tested for HIV.
Dr. Earl Bradley has been charged with raping nine girls and prosecutors say there may be as many as 100 victims.
Deputy Attorney General Paula T. Ryan, the chief prosecutor for Sussex County, says such tests are standard procedure in all sexual abuse cases.
Ryan says the state Department of Correction will handle the testing, but she did not know how long it would take to obtain test results. The 56-year-old Bradley is being held at the Vaughn Correctional Center in Smyrna.
Information from: The (Wilmington, Del.) News Journal, http://www.delawareonline.com
delaware, child sex assault, local/state
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Lots of sun, chilly today 9 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp. 33 min ago
- Driver loses control, hits parked SUV in South Philly
- Flames spread through house in Egg Harbor 12 min ago
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Woman delivers baby after church van crash
- 20-month-old found safe, Amber Alert canceled
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Video: Boy gets stuck in claw arcade game 28 min ago
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
33 min ago
- Flames spread through house in Egg Harbor
12 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos