Cowboys' fan attacked in Bethlehem
BETHLEHEM, Pa. - January 12, 2010 (WPVI) -- A Dallas Cowboy's fan was riding high once the team trounced the Eagles last Saturday, until she was attacked for her choice of Cowboy's gear.Bethlehem calls itself the Christmas City, but one Dallas Cowboy fan says not much good will shown to her by two strangers she says were wearing Eagles jerseys.
"I had this T-shirt on, it has Tony Romo's number on the back," said Jaime Wert.
Friday night Wert was steps from her home when someone shouts, "Hey Romo!" She told police she turned AND was struck by one of the two men.
"He like went up with his hand, I don't know what it was," Wert said. "I had blood running down all over my hands."
The cut on Jamie's cheek was still visible Tuesday. Jamie says her assailant seemed startled he had confronted a woman, she took a step to send him packing.
"I kicked him in the knee cap," she told Action News.
Wert, a mother of three, did not grow up in Texas. Bethlehem has always been home. It was a favorite uncle, Uncle Scott, who persuaded her to root for the Cowboys 19 years ago. She decorates her house in Dallas' colors. For her it was sweet revenge when Romo and company again trounced the Eagles.
Dave Fry, Wert's fiancée, understands rivalries. But Friday night was too much.
"I honestly thought it was totally ridiculous," Fry told Action News. "There was no reason. It's just a game."
Jamie says she did not see here assailants well enough to give the police a detailed description. But given her swift kick, it's a pretty good guess there is someone out here with a Donavon McNabb jersey and a very sore knee.
pennsylvania, philadelphia eagles, dallas cowboys, local/state
- Photos: AccuWeather Maps: Snow arrives tonight
- Snow will turn the ground white again!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire 34 min ago
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees 42 min ago
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids