Woman beaten to death in Germantown home
GERMANTOWN - January 18, 2010 (WPVI) -- A woman was found beaten to death inside her home in the Germantown section of Philadelphia.
The 68-year-old woman, identified as Ellen Walton, was found at the bottom of the steps, in a pool of blood, inside her home in the 6300 block of Magnolia Street.
It was just after 1:00 a.m. Monday when police were called out to Walton's home for reports of suspicious behavior taking place. Once there police found the screen window open and the inside of the house was ransacked.
Police say Walton appears to have died from head trauma after being beaten with a blunt object. On Monday night police said they believed they had the murder weapon and were checking it for evidence.
Adding to the suspicion, police had been called out to investigate an auto accident in the 1300 block of Yerkes Street around 12:30 a.m. There police had discovered Walton's vehicle, a 2005 Toyota Rav 4. It appeared to have been abandoned with a flat tire.
There are no reports of the vehicle being stolen at this time.
Police have no suspects in this case.
pennsylvania, philadelphia, suspicious death, local/state
- 2 million dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del. 34 min ago
- Brisk And Cold
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill
- Husband charged with wife's murder in Bethlehem
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- 3 injured in car crash in Pennsauken
- Fire damages South Philadelphia apartment
- Man shot several times in stomach in Chester
- Police: Job applicant stole from tip jar
- Dramatic video released of violent 7-Eleven robbery
- Coach charged with sexually assaulting 4 more victims
- 91-year-old man stabbed, robbed in Egg Harbor