Photo released of Germantown murder victim
GERMANTOWN - January 19, 2010 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police have released the photo of a woman found beaten to death in Germantown as the search for her killer continues.
68-year-old Ellen Walton was found at the bottom of the steps, in a pool of blood, inside her home in the 6300 block of Magnolia Street.
It was just after 1:00 a.m. Monday when police were called out to Walton's home for reports of suspicious behavior taking place. Once there police found the screen window open and the inside of the house was ransacked.
Police say Walton appears to have died from head trauma after being beaten with a blunt object. On Monday night police said they believed they had the murder weapon and were checking it for evidence.
Adding to the suspicion, police had been called out to investigate an auto accident in the 1300 block of Yerkes Street around 12:30 a.m. There police had discovered Walton's vehicle, a 2005 Toyota Rav 4. It appeared to have been abandoned with a flat tire.
There are no reports of the vehicle being stolen at this time.
Police have no suspects in this case.
pennsylvania, philadelphia, suspicious death, local/state
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City 14 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- Popular chocolate maker reopens in time for Easter
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom 40 min ago
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine