Pa. woman burned by roommate after fight
SCRANTON, Pa. - January 22, 2010 -- A northeastern Pennsylvania man is charged with pouring lighter fluid on a roommate and setting her on fire.
Police say 44-year-old Randy Barr admitted setting 44-year-old Marianne Krug on fire early Thursday morning in Scranton. Authorities say he grabbed a container of charcoal lighter fluid and poured it on Krug as she watched television then flicked a lighted match at her.
Investigators say Barr was badly burned on the front of her body. She was hospitalized in critical condition.
Barr is charged with aggravated assault, arson and other charges. He is being held at the Lackawanna County Prison on $150,000 bail. A preliminary hearing is set for Wednesday.
Police say an argument prompted the attack. They say Barr told them Krug had threatened to poison his dog.
pennsylvania, scranton, local/state
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Warmer Weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Overbrook shooting
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Video released of AK-47 robbery in Wynnefield
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Video: Flyers' Hartnell co-authors children's book