Pa. woman burned by roommate after fight
SCRANTON, Pa. - January 22, 2010 -- A northeastern Pennsylvania man is charged with pouring lighter fluid on a roommate and setting her on fire.
Police say 44-year-old Randy Barr admitted setting 44-year-old Marianne Krug on fire early Thursday morning in Scranton. Authorities say he grabbed a container of charcoal lighter fluid and poured it on Krug as she watched television then flicked a lighted match at her.
Investigators say Barr was badly burned on the front of her body. She was hospitalized in critical condition.
Barr is charged with aggravated assault, arson and other charges. He is being held at the Lackawanna County Prison on $150,000 bail. A preliminary hearing is set for Wednesday.
Police say an argument prompted the attack. They say Barr told them Krug had threatened to poison his dog.
pennsylvania, scranton, local/state
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate 46 min ago
- Breezy And Mild! 3 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 1 critical after being shot multiple times in Wilmington
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance...
46 min ago
- Breezy And Mild!
3 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos