Pa. woman burned by roommate after fight
SCRANTON, Pa. - January 22, 2010 -- A northeastern Pennsylvania man is charged with pouring lighter fluid on a roommate and setting her on fire.
Police say 44-year-old Randy Barr admitted setting 44-year-old Marianne Krug on fire early Thursday morning in Scranton. Authorities say he grabbed a container of charcoal lighter fluid and poured it on Krug as she watched television then flicked a lighted match at her.
Investigators say Barr was badly burned on the front of her body. She was hospitalized in critical condition.
Barr is charged with aggravated assault, arson and other charges. He is being held at the Lackawanna County Prison on $150,000 bail. A preliminary hearing is set for Wednesday.
Police say an argument prompted the attack. They say Barr told them Krug had threatened to poison his dog.
pennsylvania, scranton, local/state
- 51 confirmed dead in Oklahoma tornado
- Partly sunny, warm and humid today 4 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- 25-year-old man shot dead in North Philadelphia 20 min ago
- Teen shot multiple times in Feltonville 22 min ago
- Center City high rise evacuated due to fire
- 15 motorcyclists arrested following NJ chase ID'd
- New sighting reported of missing student's car
- Cherry Hill East student injured in crash
- Man convicted of murder in Pa. musician's slaying
- Police: Driver under influence crashes into fire dept.
- Surveillance video released in food vendor murder
- Appoquinimink teacher arrested for indecent exposure