Pa. woman burned by roommate after fight
SCRANTON, Pa. - January 22, 2010 -- A northeastern Pennsylvania man is charged with pouring lighter fluid on a roommate and setting her on fire.
Police say 44-year-old Randy Barr admitted setting 44-year-old Marianne Krug on fire early Thursday morning in Scranton. Authorities say he grabbed a container of charcoal lighter fluid and poured it on Krug as she watched television then flicked a lighted match at her.
Investigators say Barr was badly burned on the front of her body. She was hospitalized in critical condition.
Barr is charged with aggravated assault, arson and other charges. He is being held at the Lackawanna County Prison on $150,000 bail. A preliminary hearing is set for Wednesday.
Police say an argument prompted the attack. They say Barr told them Krug had threatened to poison his dog.
pennsylvania, scranton, local/state
- NJ forest fire threatens homes; evacuations ordered 56 min ago
- Sunny, blustery winds today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Forest fire up to 1500 acres in Cumberland Co.
- 2 attempted lurings near Upper Merion school 4 min ago
- 1 dead in shooting near Widener University
- Package prompts evacuation in Evesham
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 3 American doctors killed in Afghanistan
- Photos: 23 wanted in Phila. insurance fraud scheme
- Family escapes burning home in Bucks Co.
- Photos: National Pretzel Day Art & Fun Facts
- School stops serving Mountain Dew before tests