Pa. woman burned by roommate after fight
SCRANTON, Pa. - January 22, 2010 -- A northeastern Pennsylvania man is charged with pouring lighter fluid on a roommate and setting her on fire.
Police say 44-year-old Randy Barr admitted setting 44-year-old Marianne Krug on fire early Thursday morning in Scranton. Authorities say he grabbed a container of charcoal lighter fluid and poured it on Krug as she watched television then flicked a lighted match at her.
Investigators say Barr was badly burned on the front of her body. She was hospitalized in critical condition.
Barr is charged with aggravated assault, arson and other charges. He is being held at the Lackawanna County Prison on $150,000 bail. A preliminary hearing is set for Wednesday.
Police say an argument prompted the attack. They say Barr told them Krug had threatened to poison his dog.
pennsylvania, scranton, local/state
- Police: Man targeted in hit-and-run crash 30 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater 23 min ago
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Is it time for smart watches?