Man gets life in prison for raping girl, 5
SCRANTON, Pa. - February 3, 2010 -- A northeastern Pennsylvania man has been sentenced to life in prison for the brutal rape of a 5-year-old girl in her bedroom.
Forty-one-year-old Felix Montoya was sentenced Tuesday to life plus 20 to 40 years in prison in the July rape. Montoya pleaded no contest in October to charges including rape of a child and aggravated assault.
Investigators say Montoya attacked the girl after sneaking into her bedroom after a Fourth of July party in Taylor, outside Scranton. The girl's parents went to check on her and discovered Montoya hiding under the bed and held him until police arrived.
Montoya apologized for the attack in a letter to Lackawanna County Judge Michael Barrasse, saying he made a mistake while under the influence of drugs and alcohol.
pennsylvania, scranton, child abuse, child sex assault, rape, local/state
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife 42 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man shot by off-duty cop during fight ID'd 51 min ago
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del. 26 min ago
- Police investigate 2 shootings at illegal Trenton bar 8 min ago
- Accused wedding crasher thief pleads guilty
- SEPTA, union resume talks to avoid strike
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets
- Photos: Pictures from the 2014 Red Ball