Del. man charged with pulling gun on fellow driver
NEWARK, Del. (AP) - February 13, 2010 -- A 25-year-old man has been charged with pulling a gun during what police describe as a road rage incident.
Nicholas J. Hood, whose last known address was Bear, was charged Tuesday with carrying a concealed deadly weapon and other counts.
Cpl. Gerald Bryda of the Newark police says tips from the public helped police identify and arrest Hood.
Police say the incident started after a woman pulled out of a parking lot without her headlights on after 9 p.m. Feb 3. They say Hood flashed his headlights and tailgated her. The woman turned on her lights, but police say Hood pulled his pickup alongside her car and began yelling and making threatening gestures. Police say he then raised a handgun.
Authorities say Hood followed the woman some more before turning down another street.
delaware, newark, road rage, local/state
- Police seek missing woman and her baby 32 min ago
- Foggy, cloudy, mild today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Pizza delivery man shot in Overbrook
- Missing Phila. boy hit by car in Upper Darby
- Philadelphia police officer's stolen SUV found 51 min ago
- Chester Co. firefighters called to Md. pet shop fire
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school 51 min ago
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Police: Threat to father used in phone scam
- No jackets for North Philadelphia cheer squad
- Prosecutor: Sex investigation of FSU QB over
- Video: Topless woman chases peeper from Kohl's