Del. doctor indicted in serial child abuse scandal
DOVER, Del. - February 23, 2010 -- Prosecutors expect to add more counts to a lengthy indictment against a Delaware pediatrician charged with serial molestation of 103 children.
A grand jury returned a 160-page indictment Monday against Dr. Earl Bradley of Lewes with 471 counts of sexual crimes. Investigators are urging other former patients and parents to come forward.
The case has shocked the close-knit coastal community of Lewes and the central Delaware town of Milford, where Bradley closed an office in 2005 after police investigated him.
Bradley's attorney, Eugene Maurer, said he would seek to move the trial out of Sussex County. He said the "real battleground" in the case will be Bradley's mental state.
Bradley is being held with bail set at $2.9 million.
delaware, child sex assault, dr. earl bradley, local/state
- Body found in home of Philadelphia attorney
- Windy And Warmer 18 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Delco girl still awaiting transplant 18-months later
- 1 dead in I-495 crash in Claymont, Delaware
- 7-year-old critically injured in SW Phila. house fire
- NE Phila. couple stabbed at home, son arrested
- Neighbor rescues woman in West Oak Lane fire
- Amber Alert for Pottsville teen canceled
- San Antonio flooding kills 2; hundreds rescued
- French soldier stabbed in throat outside Paris
- Knife-wielding man shot, killed in Oxford Circle
- Start to 1st summer after Sandy at NJ shore
- Windy And Warmer
18 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos