Del. doctor indicted in serial child abuse scandal
DOVER, Del. - February 23, 2010 -- Prosecutors expect to add more counts to a lengthy indictment against a Delaware pediatrician charged with serial molestation of 103 children.
A grand jury returned a 160-page indictment Monday against Dr. Earl Bradley of Lewes with 471 counts of sexual crimes. Investigators are urging other former patients and parents to come forward.
The case has shocked the close-knit coastal community of Lewes and the central Delaware town of Milford, where Bradley closed an office in 2005 after police investigated him.
Bradley's attorney, Eugene Maurer, said he would seek to move the trial out of Sussex County. He said the "real battleground" in the case will be Bradley's mental state.
Bradley is being held with bail set at $2.9 million.
delaware, child sex assault, dr. earl bradley, local/state
- DA's office: 4 held in deadly NJ mall carjacking 42 min ago
- Record Warmth! 28 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Several cars vandalized in South Philadelphia 13 min ago
- Police investigate truck accident on Roosevelt Boulevard 12 min ago
- Police investigate double shooting in Mantua 30 min ago
- 3 rescued after car crashes into Delaware pond 3 min ago
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- DA's office: 4 held in deadly NJ mall...
42 min ago
- Several cars vandalized in South Philadelphia
13 min ago
- Record Warmth!
28 min ago