Chrysler plant auction set for this week in Newark
NEWARK, Del. (AP) - February 23, 2010 -- The University of Delaware is preparing to auction off nearly 1,000 lots of equipment this week that was left in the old Chrysler plant it recently purchased.
The auction, set for Thursday, has already brought out bargain hunters and some former employees this week who wanted to see what's being sold.
The university bought the site to turn it into a research and technology park. Monday was the first of three preview days for the auction, and hundreds of people have already walked through to examine things like production equipment, tool boxes and floor sweepers.
Information from: The (Wilmington, Del.) News Journal, http://www.delawareonline.com
delaware, newark, chrysler, local/state
- Photos: 6 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Accused wedding crasher thief pleads guilty 10 min ago
- SEPTA, union resume talks to avoid strike 43 min ago
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- Photos: Pictures from the finger-bite mall attack
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Video: 85-year-old grandma outsmarts robber