Chrysler plant auction set for this week in Newark
NEWARK, Del. (AP) - February 23, 2010 -- The University of Delaware is preparing to auction off nearly 1,000 lots of equipment this week that was left in the old Chrysler plant it recently purchased.
The auction, set for Thursday, has already brought out bargain hunters and some former employees this week who wanted to see what's being sold.
The university bought the site to turn it into a research and technology park. Monday was the first of three preview days for the auction, and hundreds of people have already walked through to examine things like production equipment, tool boxes and floor sweepers.
Information from: The (Wilmington, Del.) News Journal, http://www.delawareonline.com
delaware, newark, chrysler, local/state
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway 27 min ago
- Warmer Weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Overbrook shooting 16 min ago
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor 46 min ago
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish 50 min ago
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle crash
- Fmr. Montco GOP chairman to stand trial for rape
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Dealer charged with selling Sandy damaged cars