Gary Papa Run 4 Your Life kickoff
CENTER CITY - February 23, 2010 (WPVI) -- They are already gearing up for this year's "Gary Papa Run 4 Your Life" prostate cancer awareness run walk.
Co-Chair and 6abc Team Papa captain Jamie Apody joined other captains for a planning lunch at Buddakhan in Center City Philadelphia.
Last year's race brought out more than 3,000 participants and raised more than $200,000 dollars for cancer research.
This year's race takes place on June 20th, Fathers Day.
Follow this link to register for the Gary Papa Run 4 Your Life.
Gary Papa passed away Friday June 19, 2009.
Gary died at 2:57 p.m. at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania after a long fight with prostate cancer. He was 54 years old.
charity, gary papa run 4 your life, local/state
- London theater partially collapses; 80 injured
- Record Weekend Warmth
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet? 8 min ago
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy 36 min ago
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos