Gary Papa Run 4 Your Life kickoff
CENTER CITY - February 23, 2010 (WPVI) -- They are already gearing up for this year's "Gary Papa Run 4 Your Life" prostate cancer awareness run walk.
Co-Chair and 6abc Team Papa captain Jamie Apody joined other captains for a planning lunch at Buddakhan in Center City Philadelphia.
Last year's race brought out more than 3,000 participants and raised more than $200,000 dollars for cancer research.
This year's race takes place on June 20th, Fathers Day.
Follow this link to register for the Gary Papa Run 4 Your Life.
Gary Papa passed away Friday June 19, 2009.
Gary died at 2:57 p.m. at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania after a long fight with prostate cancer. He was 54 years old.
charity, gary papa run 4 your life, local/state
- Police: Man targeted in hit-and-run crash 37 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Search teams recover body of 13th Sherpa 10 min ago
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater 30 min ago
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom