Gary Papa Run 4 Your Life kickoff
CENTER CITY - February 23, 2010 (WPVI) -- They are already gearing up for this year's "Gary Papa Run 4 Your Life" prostate cancer awareness run walk.
Co-Chair and 6abc Team Papa captain Jamie Apody joined other captains for a planning lunch at Buddakhan in Center City Philadelphia.
Last year's race brought out more than 3,000 participants and raised more than $200,000 dollars for cancer research.
This year's race takes place on June 20th, Fathers Day.
Follow this link to register for the Gary Papa Run 4 Your Life.
Gary Papa passed away Friday June 19, 2009.
Gary died at 2:57 p.m. at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania after a long fight with prostate cancer. He was 54 years old.
charity, gary papa run 4 your life, local/state
- Multi-alarm fire at NJ apartment complex
- Lots of sun, chilly today 3 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of damage from Tuesday's storm
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- Police: Pedestrian struck and killed in Bordentown, N.J.
- Driver loses control, hits parked SUV in South Philly
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos