Gary Papa Run 4 Your Life kickoff
CENTER CITY - February 23, 2010 (WPVI) -- They are already gearing up for this year's "Gary Papa Run 4 Your Life" prostate cancer awareness run walk.
Co-Chair and 6abc Team Papa captain Jamie Apody joined other captains for a planning lunch at Buddakhan in Center City Philadelphia.
Last year's race brought out more than 3,000 participants and raised more than $200,000 dollars for cancer research.
This year's race takes place on June 20th, Fathers Day.
Follow this link to register for the Gary Papa Run 4 Your Life.
Gary Papa passed away Friday June 19, 2009.
Gary died at 2:57 p.m. at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania after a long fight with prostate cancer. He was 54 years old.
charity, gary papa run 4 your life, local/state
- Photos: Maps of Monday's expected snow
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Students evacuated in Camden H.S. gas leak 21 min ago
- 3 injured in 2-alarm fire in Holmesburg
- Family displaced in Wilmington house fire
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Investigator: Missing plane flew over Malaysia
- SEPTA unveils strike plan; union says strike unlikely
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- Teen father arrested for biting nose off infant
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Video: Pastor collapses, dies, after admitting...