Gary Papa Run 4 Your Life kickoff
CENTER CITY - February 23, 2010 (WPVI) -- They are already gearing up for this year's "Gary Papa Run 4 Your Life" prostate cancer awareness run walk.
Co-Chair and 6abc Team Papa captain Jamie Apody joined other captains for a planning lunch at Buddakhan in Center City Philadelphia.
Last year's race brought out more than 3,000 participants and raised more than $200,000 dollars for cancer research.
This year's race takes place on June 20th, Fathers Day.
Follow this link to register for the Gary Papa Run 4 Your Life.
Gary Papa passed away Friday June 19, 2009.
Gary died at 2:57 p.m. at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania after a long fight with prostate cancer. He was 54 years old.
charity, gary papa run 4 your life, local/state
- Snow today, heavy at times 48 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Pictures from the winter storm
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps 2 min ago
- Video: Annie McCormick in Mobile 6 on I-76
- Video: David Henry on snow at Rittenhouse Sq.
- Video: John Rawlins on snow in E. Norriton
- Video: Nora Muchanic on snow in Trenton
- Video: Katherine Scott on snow in Delaware
- 2 corrections officers hurt in Concord Twp. crash
- Gunman fires shots through window, teens wounded
- Arrest made in Beats headphone murder
- Snow today, heavy at times
48 min ago