Pa. prof. suspended for hit man Facebook posting
EAST STROUDSBURG, Pa. (AP) - February 26, 2010 -- A professor at a northeastern Pennsylvania university says she's been suspended indefinitely for what she thought was a humorous posting on Facebook about hiring a hit man.
East Stroudsburg University sociology professor Gloria Gadsden says she was suspended Wednesday because administrators thought she was making threats.
Gadsden says she jokingly referred to looking for a discreet hit man in one post and removed another comment that said she didn't want to kill any students but "Friday was a different story."
Gadsden says officials referred to the shooting at the University of Alabama-Huntsville earlier this month during the meeting.
A university spokesman wouldn't comment on Gadsden's claims, calling it a personnel matter.
East Stroudsburg is a state university in the Pocono Mountains.
Information from: Pocono Record, http://www.poconorecord.com/
pennsylvania, facebook, poconos, education, local/state
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target
- Winter Warm Up 59 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Upper Darby's Chitwood reflects on career 59 min ago
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Upper Darby's Chitwood reflects on career
59 min ago