Pa. prof. suspended for hit man Facebook posting
EAST STROUDSBURG, Pa. (AP) - February 26, 2010 -- A professor at a northeastern Pennsylvania university says she's been suspended indefinitely for what she thought was a humorous posting on Facebook about hiring a hit man.
East Stroudsburg University sociology professor Gloria Gadsden says she was suspended Wednesday because administrators thought she was making threats.
Gadsden says she jokingly referred to looking for a discreet hit man in one post and removed another comment that said she didn't want to kill any students but "Friday was a different story."
Gadsden says officials referred to the shooting at the University of Alabama-Huntsville earlier this month during the meeting.
A university spokesman wouldn't comment on Gadsden's claims, calling it a personnel matter.
East Stroudsburg is a state university in the Pocono Mountains.
Information from: Pocono Record, http://www.poconorecord.com/
pennsylvania, facebook, poconos, education, local/state
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ