Sketch released of man fought off by babysitter
NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIA - March 2, 2010 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police have released the sketch of a man who indecently assaulted a 10-year-old girl but was fought off by the child's babysitter.
It happened around 2:30 a.m. Sunday in the 1400 block of Levick Street.
Investigators say the 10-year-old victim awoke to an unknown man indecently assaulting her.
She screamed, alerting her 74-year-old babysitter, Julie Etienne, who was sleeping in the same room.
Police say Etienne sprang into action, grabbing the man. She says the man pushed her, and she stumbled down some stairs.
As Etienne recovers, police say the intruder assaults the 10-year-old girl. Etienne then regains her footing, police say, and goes after the intruder again.
At one point in the struggle, Etienne bites the intruder on the arm. The man eventually gets away.
According to investigators, the man got into the house through an unlocked rear door.
The suspect is described as a black man in his late teens or early 20's. He was six feet tall with a thin build and he had freckles, acne scars or spots on his face. He was wearing a gray shirt and blue jeans.
Anyone with information on this crime is urged to contact Philadelphia Police at 215-686-TIPS.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, local/state
- Nelson Mandela dies at age 95 2 min ago
- Wet to Wintry
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Obama mourns death of icon Nelson Mandela 3 min ago
- Feds accused of targeting minorities in stash house stings 5 min ago
- Restaurant owner slashes robber with sushi knife
- Center City rape victims speaks to Action News 19 min ago
- Surveillance: Christmas packages stolen from home
- Christmas decoration theft caught on camera
- Police raid alleged chop shop in South Philadelphia
- Fmr. Marine's murder suspect held on $2M bail
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep
- Nelson Mandela dies at age 95
2 min ago