More charges for Center City flash mob participants
PHILADELPHIA - March 5, 2010 (WPVI) -- More people are facing charges for the flash mob incident that happened in Center City on Wednesday.
Nineteen juveniles and four adults now face charges. All twenty-three have been charged with felony rioting, disorderly conduct and harassment. One of the juveniles has also been charged with assaulting a police officer.
"This group of teens and young adults represented a real danger to the community," says District Attorney Seth Williams. "I hope the seriousness of these charges sends a message that these reckless actions will not be tolerated in the city."
The four adults; 18-year-old Miles Nibane, 18-year-old Zameer Waliyud-Din, 18-year-old Tasgene West, and 20-year-old Tyrone Joseph are all due in court on Tuesday, March 9, 2010.
The 19 juveniles are being held at different juvenile detention centers until March 11, 2010 when they are scheduled to appear at Family Court.
pennsylvania, philadelphia, local/state
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Warmer Weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- SEPTA spreads holiday cheer with toy drive
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Fmr. Montco GOP chairman to stand trial for rape
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle crash
- Dealer charged with selling Sandy damaged cars 57 min ago
- Bishop McDevitt HS student robbed at gunpoint
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Gov. Christie signs immigrant tuition bill
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport