A bridal magazine with an African touch
MOORESTOWN, N.J. - March 17, 2010 (WPVI) -- There seems to be a bridal magazine for just about every kind of wedding. But if you wanted a wedding with authentic African touches, you were on your own - until now.
A Delaware Valley couple is now meeting that need, and making their own dreams come true.
Brides-to-be will now find this: Munaluchi, a bridal magazine with an African flair. It's not put out by a major publishing company, but by Jacqueline and Chike Nwobu from their tiny Moorestown office.
The couple noticed there were no ethnic bridal magazines on the market. So now, their high-quality glossy offers advice on everything from African dress and traditions to African honeymoon spots.
Last year the Nwobus hit the phones, finding a distributor and printer who were patient - giving them free advice and training. They put up a Facebook page, which attracted so many vendors they couldn't fit all the ads in the first issue. And Jacqueline, pregnant with two toddlers, did most of her work in the middle of the night.
In January, 10,000 issues of Munaluchi hit the stands at stores like Barnes and Nobles and Borders. By the end of the month, 8500 of them had sold.
Jacqueline recently quit her day job in medical testing to focus on Munaluchi's fall issue. Her advice is, even in these tough times, listen to your passions.
new jersey, local/state, tamala edwards
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate
- Breezy And Mild!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- Driver crashes SUV into pole in East Falls, DUI suspected
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos