Man charged with having sex with baby, dog
SALISBURY, Pa. - March 18, 2010 -- A western Pennsylvania man has been jailed on charges he repeatedly had sex with a 9-month-old girl.
Thirty-eight-year-old Rodney Lee Thomas, of Elk Lick Township, remains in the Somerset County Jail unable to post $100,000 bond on charges including rape and aggravated indecent assault against the child.
Police say Thomas also had sexual encounters with a dog that led to the animal's death. He faces three counts of sexual intercourse with an animal.
State police began investigating Tuesday after county child welfare workers contacted them. Thomas was arrested and arraigned Wednesday.
Police say Thomas told them he had been involved in similar sexual activity since he was a teenager.
Online court records don't list an attorney for Thomas.
pennsylvania, child sex assault, animal abuse, local/state
- Iranian teen had stolen passport on missing jet
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack 7 min ago
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom 9 min ago
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Video: Cat attacks toddler, parents call 911
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos