Obama declares parts of NJ a disaster area
March 23, 2010 (WPVI) -- On Tuesday President Barack Obama declared a major disaster exists in the state of New Jersey and ordered federal aid to supplement state and local recovery efforts in the area struck by a severe winter storm and snowstorm during the period of February 5-6, 2010.Federal funding is available to state and eligible local governments and certain private nonprofit organizations on a cost-sharing basis for emergency work and the repair or replacement of facilities damaged by the severe winter storm and snowstorm in the counties of Atlantic, Burlington, Camden, Cape May, Cumberland, Gloucester, and Salem.
FEMA said additional designations may be made at a later date if requested by the state and warranted by the results of further damage assessments.
new jersey, salem county, atlantic county, burlington county, camden county, gloucester county, cumberland county, cape may county, blizzard, president barack obama, local/state
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd 40 min ago
- Sunny today, more clouds tomorrow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Medical chopper called to crash on Route 55 44 min ago
- Jogger helps rescue man from Schuylkill River
- Photos: Pictures from NJ skydiving accident 40 min ago
- Boston Marathon to be under tight security
- SKorean president: Ferry crew actions 'murderous'
- Surveillance expected from Target heist
- Teen stowaway survives flight in landing gear
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd
40 min ago