Obama declares parts of NJ a disaster area
March 23, 2010 (WPVI) -- On Tuesday President Barack Obama declared a major disaster exists in the state of New Jersey and ordered federal aid to supplement state and local recovery efforts in the area struck by a severe winter storm and snowstorm during the period of February 5-6, 2010.Federal funding is available to state and eligible local governments and certain private nonprofit organizations on a cost-sharing basis for emergency work and the repair or replacement of facilities damaged by the severe winter storm and snowstorm in the counties of Atlantic, Burlington, Camden, Cape May, Cumberland, Gloucester, and Salem.
FEMA said additional designations may be made at a later date if requested by the state and warranted by the results of further damage assessments.
new jersey, salem county, atlantic county, burlington county, camden county, gloucester county, cumberland county, cape may county, blizzard, president barack obama, local/state
- DA's office: 4 held in deadly NJ mall carjacking 14 min ago
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Several cars vandalized in South Philadelphia 58 min ago
- Police investigate truck accident on Roosevelt Boulevard 39 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Overbrook shooting
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Video released of AK-47 robbery in Wynnefield
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish