Obama declares parts of NJ a disaster area
March 23, 2010 (WPVI) -- On Tuesday President Barack Obama declared a major disaster exists in the state of New Jersey and ordered federal aid to supplement state and local recovery efforts in the area struck by a severe winter storm and snowstorm during the period of February 5-6, 2010.Federal funding is available to state and eligible local governments and certain private nonprofit organizations on a cost-sharing basis for emergency work and the repair or replacement of facilities damaged by the severe winter storm and snowstorm in the counties of Atlantic, Burlington, Camden, Cape May, Cumberland, Gloucester, and Salem.
FEMA said additional designations may be made at a later date if requested by the state and warranted by the results of further damage assessments.
new jersey, salem county, atlantic county, burlington county, camden county, gloucester county, cumberland county, cape may county, blizzard, president barack obama, local/state
- 2 dead in police involved shootings 55 min ago
- Very unsettled Thursday
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- AG: 29 New Jersey bars swapped top-shelf liquor
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club
- SUVs collide in Torresdale, 1 seriously injured 49 min ago
- Faith-healing couple charged in son's death
- Philadelphia cop accused of ripping off drug dealers
- Names of 16 Okla. tornado victims released
- Man shot to death while questioned in Boston probe
- SEPTA police chief using Twitter to fight crime
- Woods: Garcia comment hurtful, time to move on
- Body of WWII hero returns home after 69 years