Family of CO victim at Pa. hotel settles lawsuit
ALLENTOWN, Pa. - March 26, 2010 -- The family of a man who died of carbon monoxide poisoning at an eastern Pennsylvania hotel has settled a federal lawsuit against the hotel and several contractors.
Sixty-three-year-old Philip Prechtel died at the Best Western Allentown Inn & Suites hotel in January 2008.
A makeshift canopy placed on the side of the hotel during a remodeling project captured carbon monoxide gas was that got into the room where Prechtel and his wife were sleeping. Katherine Prechtel was hospitalized but recovered.
The terms of the settlement, reached last week, were not disclosed.
The Prechtels had spent most of their lives in the Allentown area before retiring to Hilton Head Island, S.C. They were back in the Lehigh Valley for their granddaughter's christening.
Information from: The Morning Call
pennsylvania, allentown, carbon monoxide, local/state
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding 37 min ago
- Frost Advisory Overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Water main break cancels Cheyney U. classes
- Heist investigation leads to Roxborough apartment 57 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Tour bus catches fire in Galloway Twp.
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Rangers top Flyers in playoff opener 4-1
- Heist investigation leads to Roxborough...
57 min ago