EXCLUSIVE: Authorities visit Harambee Institute
WEST PHILADELPHIA - March 27, 2010 (WPVI) -- The Harambee Institute charter school had been reportedly doubling as a nightclub for years.Action News recently went inside and found people drinking alcohol even though authorities say a license to do so has expired. That's why investigators say they went to the facility Saturday night.
No alcohol was found on the premise.
Action News was told that the facility did have licensing and fire code violations. We are told that these issues will be addressed at a meeting on Monday.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, special report, local/state
- NJ forest fire threatens homes; evacuations ordered 34 min ago
- Sunny, blustery winds today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Forest fire up to 1500 acres in Cumberland Co.
- 1 dead in shooting near Widener University
- Package prompts evacuation in Evesham
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 3 American doctors killed in Afghanistan
- Photos: 23 wanted in Phila. insurance fraud scheme
- Family escapes burning home in Bucks Co.
- Photos: National Pretzel Day Art & Fun Facts
- School stops serving Mountain Dew before tests
- Photos: People's 'Most Beautiful' list of 2014