Hollywood in Phila. for spring movie shoot
CENTER CITY - April 13, 2010 (WPVI) -- Center City Philadelphia is taking on something of a New York state of mind, all for the purpose of shooting a movie starring Bradley Cooper and Robert De Niro.
The movie, titled 'The Dark Fields', is a thriller, which is being shot through the end of May and producers are looking for lots of extras from the Delaware Valley.
Parts of the city's landscape have been transformed into scenes of Manhattan, the setting for the film.
Manhattan transit signs have been put up at Septa subway sites and 18th and Market Streets has become W. 52nd and the Avenue of the Americas.
The movie stars Cooper, a would-be actor, whose skills are enhanced by a "smart drug" and De Niro, who is expected in town in a few weeks.
Action News caught up with the film's producer at Butcher and Singer restaurant.
"We shot some exteriors in Manhattan and we're shooting most of our interiors here in Philadelphia and what needed was a lot of kind of high end restaurants and bars, Philly is so great in terms of restaurants and bars there have been so many great choices," said Scott Kroopf.
Heery Casting is currently looking for affluent and well-dressed people for extras for the film.
"One of the looks we're really looking for are these very upscale, very elegant, cosmopolitan types, almost European feeling," detailed Diane Heery. "Kind of a Manhattan, kind of an artsy kind of feel."
The project will mean employment for a lot of people.
"You could end up with anywhere from 900 to 950 man-days with all the people, counting extras, principles you know just actors alone," said Jason Loftus of Heery Casting.
Agents are looking for both SAG and non-union actors, between the ages of 35 and 50.
To submit your information, CLICK HERE!
Rich Barlow is one of many actors who answered a casting call last month for the film.
"Diane had me in 4 to 6 weeks ago, and a week later, got a call back for a detective, unfortunately didn't get it."
Rich was back Tuesday for a shot at a film shoot in Pittsburgh.
The movie's release is set for March 18th, 2011.
pennsylvania, philadelphia, robert de niro, bradley cooper, movies, local/state, lisa thomas-laury
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill 38 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- ID theft warrant leads to pot bust in Hamilton Twp.
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
38 min ago