Dad Vail Regatta has new sponsor in Philly to 2014
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - April 14, 2010 (WPVI) -- Officials of Philadelphia and the Dad Vail Regatta have announced a new sponsorship by a London-based company that will keep the long-running intercollegiate rowing event in Philadelphia for at least the next four years.
Aberdeen Assets Management Inc., which has a Philadelphia office, will be the new sponsor. The renamed Aberdeen Dad Vail Regatta will be May 7-8 on the Schuylkill River, and officials say it will stay in Philadelphia at least through 2014, the event's 75th anniversary.
The Dad Vail Regatta features more than 3,000 rowers from 120 colleges and universities in the United States and Canada. The event has been held in Philadelphia since the 1950s.
Organizers late last year announced plans to move the race to Rumson, N.J., but that proposal fell through.
The company also supports the Aberdeen University Boat Race held each February in Aberdeen, Scotland.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, mayor michael nutter, dad vail regatta, local/state
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket 24 min ago
- Turning Milder
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Video captures Laundromat robbery
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty
- Arsonist tries to torch atheist billboard in NJ 57 min ago
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- On video: Armed robber fails after KFC workers flee
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos