Car plunges into embankment off Pa. Turnpike
KING OF PRUSSIA, Pa. - April 15, 2010 (WPVI) -- A man was injured when his car went off the Pennsylvania Turnpike and overturned down an embankment.
The accident happened around 6:30 Thursday morning on the westbound lanes of the turnpike at the King of Prussia exit.
The driver was trapped in the vehicle for over a half hour while rescue crews tried to free him. The driver was taken by helicopter to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
Crews were able to clear the scene by 9:00 a.m.
Police are investigating the cause of the crash.
pennsylvania turnpike, accident, pennsylvania, montgomery county, local/state
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 29 min ago
- Freeze Warning overnight 27 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Trash truck overturns on Rt. 130 in Pennsauken 58 min ago
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown 56 min ago
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Burlco man charged in brother's hit-and-run death
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident
- Search for missing teenager in Camden
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
- Photos: Royal family kicks off tour of Australia
- Freeze Warning overnight
27 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos