Car plunges into embankment off Pa. Turnpike
KING OF PRUSSIA, Pa. - April 15, 2010 (WPVI) -- A man was injured when his car went off the Pennsylvania Turnpike and overturned down an embankment.
The accident happened around 6:30 Thursday morning on the westbound lanes of the turnpike at the King of Prussia exit.
The driver was trapped in the vehicle for over a half hour while rescue crews tried to free him. The driver was taken by helicopter to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
Crews were able to clear the scene by 9:00 a.m.
Police are investigating the cause of the crash.
pennsylvania turnpike, accident, pennsylvania, montgomery county, local/state
- Body found in home of Philadelphia attorney
- Clear, Still Breezy Tonight 28 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- 1 dead in I-495 crash in Claymont, Delaware
- 7-year-old critically injured in SW Phila. house fire
- NE Phila. couple stabbed at home, son arrested
- Woman hospitalized in West Oak Lane fire 26 min ago
- Amber Alert for Pottsville teen canceled
- Knife-wielding man shot, killed in Oxford Circle
- Philadelphia man arrested for firing shots at police
- French soldier stabbed in throat outside Paris
- Angel Flight crashes in NY, 2 killed, 1 missing 39 min ago
- Start to 1st summer after Sandy at NJ shore
- Clear, Still Breezy Tonight
28 min ago