Del. man pleads guilty in samurai sword death
WILMINGTON, Del. - April 16, 2010 -- An Ogletown man has pleaded guilty to killing his girlfriend with a samurai sword during an argument last year.
Twenty-two-year-old Michael Kolesar pleaded guilty Thursday to criminally negligent homicide. In exchange for the plea, prosecutors will drop manslaughter and weapons charges.
Kolesar faces up to five years in prison at sentencing in July.
Court documents state Kolesar and his girlfriend, 21-year-old Angel Zurlo, argued at a bar near the Glen Eagle Village Apartments complex where they lived and the fight escalated after they returned home.
When police were called, officers found Zurlo dead from a stab wound.
A witness told police Zurlo carried the sword into the room and that the stabbing took place when Kolesar tried to disarm her.
Information from: The (Wilmington, Del.) News Journal
delaware, homicide, local/state
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Tracking Weekend Storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- OSHA investigates lead exposure at Oxford Mills
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No death penalty for man charged in wife death
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- 800K in danger of ID theft after laptop theft
- North Korea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos