Del. man pleads guilty in samurai sword death
WILMINGTON, Del. - April 16, 2010 -- An Ogletown man has pleaded guilty to killing his girlfriend with a samurai sword during an argument last year.
Twenty-two-year-old Michael Kolesar pleaded guilty Thursday to criminally negligent homicide. In exchange for the plea, prosecutors will drop manslaughter and weapons charges.
Kolesar faces up to five years in prison at sentencing in July.
Court documents state Kolesar and his girlfriend, 21-year-old Angel Zurlo, argued at a bar near the Glen Eagle Village Apartments complex where they lived and the fight escalated after they returned home.
When police were called, officers found Zurlo dead from a stab wound.
A witness told police Zurlo carried the sword into the room and that the stabbing took place when Kolesar tried to disarm her.
Information from: The (Wilmington, Del.) News Journal
delaware, homicide, local/state
- Crews race to find tornado survivors; 24 dead 54 min ago
- Partly sunny, warm and humid today 17 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Local help on the way for tornado victims
- Oklahoma Tornado: How You Can Help
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc
- Box of ammo explodes, injuring man in Del.
- Couple charged in theft of $854K from township 23 min ago
- Prosecutor: Prison can't hold Savage's rage 50 min ago
- NJ ex-priest jailed after working with kids 50 min ago
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Street-level interactive weather map
- 2 teens arrested at Pennsbury H.S. prom
- Crews race to find tornado survivors; 24 dead
54 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos