Del. man pleads guilty in samurai sword death
WILMINGTON, Del. - April 16, 2010 -- An Ogletown man has pleaded guilty to killing his girlfriend with a samurai sword during an argument last year.
Twenty-two-year-old Michael Kolesar pleaded guilty Thursday to criminally negligent homicide. In exchange for the plea, prosecutors will drop manslaughter and weapons charges.
Kolesar faces up to five years in prison at sentencing in July.
Court documents state Kolesar and his girlfriend, 21-year-old Angel Zurlo, argued at a bar near the Glen Eagle Village Apartments complex where they lived and the fight escalated after they returned home.
When police were called, officers found Zurlo dead from a stab wound.
A witness told police Zurlo carried the sword into the room and that the stabbing took place when Kolesar tried to disarm her.
Information from: The (Wilmington, Del.) News Journal
delaware, homicide, local/state
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 37 min ago
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; 6 dead, 290 missing
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Burlco man charged in brother's hit-and-run death
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
- Photos: Royal family kicks off tour of Australia