Trial set for pediatrician charged with sex abuse
GEORGETOWN, Del. (AP) - April 21, 2010 -- A Lewes pediatrician charged with raping or sexually abusing more than 100 children is set to go on trial early next year.
Court records state jury selection in the case of Dr. Earl Bradley will begin Feb. 14 and the trial will start Feb. 21.
The trial will involve charges in a February indictment against Bradley, not those from a second indictment filed Monday. Bradley has pleaded not guilty to the charges in the first indictment. Prosecutors have said it's possible Bradley would face two trials.
Though the case remains in Sussex County Superior Court, New Castle County Superior Court Judge William C. Carpenter Jr. has been assigned to the case.
Information from: The (Wilmington, Del.) News Journal, http://www.delawareonline.com
delaware, dr. earl bradley, child abuse, child sex assault, local/state
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder 2 min ago
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Missing Philadelphia couple found safe
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett to announce Vatican trip
- Woman's body found between parked cars in West Philadelphia 59 min ago
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim 26 min ago
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila.
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Video: Secret Oreo cookie recipe sold to China
- Photos: Wedding of cop, teacher at Flower Show
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim
26 min ago