2nd teen pleads guilty to raping dying classmate
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - April 26, 2010 -- A second teenager has admitted to raping an unconscious classmate before she died of alcohol poisoning in 2008.
Eighteen-year-old Shareef Clemons pleaded guilty Monday in the assault on 15-year-old Kierra Johnson in March 2008. He faces six to 12 years in prison when he's sentenced in July on charges including rape and involuntary deviate sexual intercourse.
Prosecutors say Clemons and another teen skipped school with Johnson, then encouraged her to drink excessively and took turns raping her after she passed out.
Johnson's partially clothed body was discovered the next day. Investigators say the girl's blood-alcohol level was .433.
Juan Williams, who was 17 at the time of the attack, pleaded guilty in February. He will be sentenced May 4.
pennsylvania, philadelphia, rape, plea, local/state
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Puppy poisoned in Mantua, New Jersey
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; hundreds still missing
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Wawa celebrates 50th birthday with big gifts
- Photos: Wawa celebrates 50 years
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man