2nd teen pleads guilty to raping dying classmate
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - April 26, 2010 -- A second teenager has admitted to raping an unconscious classmate before she died of alcohol poisoning in 2008.
Eighteen-year-old Shareef Clemons pleaded guilty Monday in the assault on 15-year-old Kierra Johnson in March 2008. He faces six to 12 years in prison when he's sentenced in July on charges including rape and involuntary deviate sexual intercourse.
Prosecutors say Clemons and another teen skipped school with Johnson, then encouraged her to drink excessively and took turns raping her after she passed out.
Johnson's partially clothed body was discovered the next day. Investigators say the girl's blood-alcohol level was .433.
Juan Williams, who was 17 at the time of the attack, pleaded guilty in February. He will be sentenced May 4.
pennsylvania, philadelphia, rape, plea, local/state
- Wife hid murdered husband, prosecutors say
- One Fine Friday!
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Connecticut commuter trains collide; 60 go to hospitals
- Hazmat spill sends 5 to hospital in Bucks County
- Mother charged with assaulting student at school
- 3 sought for robbery of 15-year-old
- Dozens of home remedies right in your kitchen
- City remembers fallen firefighter Michael Goodwin
- Man wanted for exposing himself in Montco
- Powerball jackpot grows to $600 million
- Cops: Pa. woman served laced burritos to family
- Reading family loses son to swinging rope game
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos