2nd teen pleads guilty to raping dying classmate
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - April 26, 2010 -- A second teenager has admitted to raping an unconscious classmate before she died of alcohol poisoning in 2008.
Eighteen-year-old Shareef Clemons pleaded guilty Monday in the assault on 15-year-old Kierra Johnson in March 2008. He faces six to 12 years in prison when he's sentenced in July on charges including rape and involuntary deviate sexual intercourse.
Prosecutors say Clemons and another teen skipped school with Johnson, then encouraged her to drink excessively and took turns raping her after she passed out.
Johnson's partially clothed body was discovered the next day. Investigators say the girl's blood-alcohol level was .433.
Juan Williams, who was 17 at the time of the attack, pleaded guilty in February. He will be sentenced May 4.
pennsylvania, philadelphia, rape, plea, local/state
- Man critically injured in Camden County crash 33 min ago
- Wintry Weekend 20 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Cab driver shot outside Hunting Park nightclub 3 min ago
- 4 shot outside Delaware nightclub 2 min ago
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- Residents displaced after high-rise fire
- NKorea says it deported US tourist and war vet
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- Video released in pizza delivery driver shooting
- Mega Million jackpot reaches $297 Million
- Wintry Weekend
20 min ago