Lawyers want class-action status for Bradley cases
WILMINGTON, Del. - May 5, 2010 -- Lawyers are seeking class-action status for their cases filed against a Delaware pediatrician charged with raping or sexually abusing more than 100 children dating back to 1998.
The News Journal of Wilmington reports the request was made in a lawsuit filed Monday by three attorneys on behalf of a 12-year-old girl Earl B. Bradley allegedly abused.
Attorney Bruce L. Hudson says if his petition is approved in court he would have to send out notices to the 7,000 patients treated by Bradley in the Lewes and Milford areas. Hudson says he represents about 40 alleged victims.
More lawsuits are expected as Bradley is facing hundreds of counts including rape, sexual exploitation of a child and reckless endangering.
Information from: The (Wilmington, Del.) News Journal, http://www.delawareonline.com
dr. earl bradley, child porn, child sex assault, local/state
- Building under demolition collapses in Old City
- Windy and cold today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff 29 min ago
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications 56 min ago
- After 6 days, Malaysian jet mystery still unsolved 32 min ago
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs 21 min ago
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
29 min ago
- Group calls on Phila. City Council for...
27 min ago