Pa. fireworks store has video of NYC bomb suspect
ALLENTOWN, Pa. - May 5, 2010 -- A Pennsylvania store says it has video of the suspect in the failed Times Square car bombing buying fireworks there.
Bruce Zoldan is president of Ohio-based Phantom Fireworks. He says Faisal Shahzad bought fireworks from the company's showroom in Matamoras, Pa., within the last eight weeks.
Zoldan told The Associated Press on Wednesday that Shahzad bought a consumer-grade product that was not nearly powerful enough to detonate a bomb.
He also says Shahzad was captured on surveillance video. The suspect also had to show his driver's license and fill out an application in order to buy the fireworks.
He says authorities told him not to make the video public.
pennsylvania, times square car bomb, faisal shahzad, local/state
- Police seek missing woman and her baby 28 min ago
- Foggy, cloudy, mild today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Pizza delivery man shot in Overbrook
- Missing Phila. boy hit by car in Upper Darby
- Philadelphia police officer's stolen SUV found 47 min ago
- Chester Co. firefighters called to Md. pet shop fire
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school 47 min ago
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Police: Threat to father used in phone scam
- No jackets for North Philadelphia cheer squad
- Prosecutor: Sex investigation of FSU QB over
- Video: Topless woman chases peeper from Kohl's