Pa. fireworks store has video of NYC bomb suspect
ALLENTOWN, Pa. - May 5, 2010 -- A Pennsylvania store says it has video of the suspect in the failed Times Square car bombing buying fireworks there.
Bruce Zoldan is president of Ohio-based Phantom Fireworks. He says Faisal Shahzad bought fireworks from the company's showroom in Matamoras, Pa., within the last eight weeks.
Zoldan told The Associated Press on Wednesday that Shahzad bought a consumer-grade product that was not nearly powerful enough to detonate a bomb.
He also says Shahzad was captured on surveillance video. The suspect also had to show his driver's license and fill out an application in order to buy the fireworks.
He says authorities told him not to make the video public.
pennsylvania, times square car bomb, faisal shahzad, local/state
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect 4 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days 54 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Oil slick, debris not from missing Malaysia jet
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Video: Skydiver's 'chute gets tangled in plane 8 min ago
- Photos: Kevin Grow joins Harlem Globetrotters
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
3 min ago
- Skydiver's 'chute gets tangled in plane
8 min ago