Winds don't stop winners at Dad Vail
PHILADELPHIA - May 8, 2010 (WPVI) -- Today's high winds caused schedule changes in the finals of the Aberdeen Dad Vail Regatta on the Schuylkill River.
The overall winner in the men's varsity heavyweight heat was Brock University of Ontario, Canada.
Brock became the first Canadian school ever to win the Dad Vail.
Cal Sacramento took the women's title.
St. Joseph's University won the overall points trophy.
30,000 spectators watched today's finals on the Schuylkill.You can get the complete results of past Dad Vail Regattas by following this link.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, dad vail regatta, local/state
- Faith-healing couple held without bail 40 min ago
- Lots of clouds, damp and cool today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Jersey shore reopens for 1st post-Sandy summer 3 min ago
- Video: Time lapse of Seaside Heights boardwalk...
- Wash. I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load
- AC casino manager charged with promoting prostitution
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- 3rd Phila. police-involved shooting in 2 days 20 min ago
- Woman convicted in fiance's wedding day death
- Firing of school official in dog waste incident overturned
- NJ: Caramel-colored rubbing alcohol sold as scotch
- Runways reopen after emergency at Heathrow Airport
- 3rd Phila. police-involved shooting in 2 days
20 min ago