Toddler dies at central NJ day care center
PERTH AMBOY, N.J. (AP) - May 18, 2010 -- Middlesex County prosecutors are investigating the death of a 17-month-old boy who became unresponsive at a central New Jersey day care center.
Perth Amboy police tried to revive the Carteret boy after responding Tuesday morning to a 911 call from Maggie's Little School. He was then taken to Raritan Bay Medical Center in Perth Amboy, where he died a short time later.
Events surrounding the boy's death were not immediately clear, prosecutors said, and an autopsy was to be performed later Tuesday.
A call placed to the school early Tuesday night was not answerd.
new jersey, child death, middlesex county, local/state
- Missing Philadelphia couple found safe
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain 31 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett to announce Vatican trip
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila.
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Video: Secret Oreo cookie recipe sold to China
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: Wedding of cop, teacher at Flower Show
- Video: Obama misspells "R-E-S-P-E-C-T" in Aretha... 13 min ago
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
31 min ago