Toddler dies at central NJ day care center
PERTH AMBOY, N.J. (AP) - May 18, 2010 -- Middlesex County prosecutors are investigating the death of a 17-month-old boy who became unresponsive at a central New Jersey day care center.
Perth Amboy police tried to revive the Carteret boy after responding Tuesday morning to a 911 call from Maggie's Little School. He was then taken to Raritan Bay Medical Center in Perth Amboy, where he died a short time later.
Events surrounding the boy's death were not immediately clear, prosecutors said, and an autopsy was to be performed later Tuesday.
A call placed to the school early Tuesday night was not answerd.
new jersey, child death, middlesex county, local/state
- Montco DA: Drug ring targeted schools; 8 arrested 45 min ago
- Sunny today, more clouds tomorrow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Package prompts evac at Del. National Guard base 3 min ago
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd
- Photos: Pictures from NJ skydiving accident
- Woman's body found in Pa. excavation storage site 43 min ago
- Medical chopper called to crash on Route 55
- Jogger helps rescue man from Schuylkill River
- Boston Marathon begins under tight security 28 min ago
- Surveillance expected from Target heist
- Teen stowaway survives flight in landing gear
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!