Medical chopper makes emergency landing
LAWNCREST - May 20, 2010 (WPVI) -- A medical chopper had to make an emergency landing in a park in the Lawncrest section of Philadelphia.
The University of Pennsylvania medivac helicopter "PennSTAR" was in the air around 10:30 a.m. Thursday when an emergency light came on.
The crew set the helicopter down in a park near the intersection of Summerdale and Godfrey avenues.
A pilot and another person were on board, but there were no patients.
No one was hurt.
The helicopter is being examined for any problems.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, emergency landing, local/state
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Tracking Weekend Storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- OSHA investigates lead exposure at Oxford Mills
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No death penalty for man charged in wife death
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- 800K in danger of ID theft after laptop theft
- North Korea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos