Medical chopper makes emergency landing
LAWNCREST - May 20, 2010 (WPVI) -- A medical chopper had to make an emergency landing in a park in the Lawncrest section of Philadelphia.
The University of Pennsylvania medivac helicopter "PennSTAR" was in the air around 10:30 a.m. Thursday when an emergency light came on.
The crew set the helicopter down in a park near the intersection of Summerdale and Godfrey avenues.
A pilot and another person were on board, but there were no patients.
No one was hurt.
The helicopter is being examined for any problems.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, emergency landing, local/state
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges 18 min ago
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say 44 min ago
- Apparent misunderstanding in police shooting 5 min ago
- 3rd lottery jackpot hits at Atlantic Co. truck stop 10 min ago
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- 3 shot during funeral at Trenton church
- Photo released of anti-Semetic vandalism suspect 58 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Video: Video gamer is the victim of SWATting hoax
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Apparent misunderstanding in police shooting
5 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos