Medical chopper makes emergency landing
LAWNCREST - May 20, 2010 (WPVI) -- A medical chopper had to make an emergency landing in a park in the Lawncrest section of Philadelphia.
The University of Pennsylvania medivac helicopter "PennSTAR" was in the air around 10:30 a.m. Thursday when an emergency light came on.
The crew set the helicopter down in a park near the intersection of Summerdale and Godfrey avenues.
A pilot and another person were on board, but there were no patients.
No one was hurt.
The helicopter is being examined for any problems.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, emergency landing, local/state
- Mug shot released of McNabb after DUI arrest 25 min ago
- Frost Advisory Overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Brandywine Park flasher surrenders
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear 11 min ago
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital 13 min ago
- Reward offered in poisoning of puppy 23 min ago
- 1 dead in cement truck, car crash in Levittown 14 min ago
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del. 22 min ago
- Mom surrenders after daughter, 11, shot and killed 24 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 16 min ago
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Teen urinates in Oregon drinking water supply
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3...
16 min ago