Del. highway closed after grease spill
DOVER, Del. (AP) - May 29, 2010 -- A Delaware road was closed for seven hours after a tractor-trailer carrying frozen chicken hit a tank truck, spilling 1,500 gallons of grease.
The crash, which also involved three other vehicles, sent all five drivers to a hospital, one with a serious injury.
The crash occurred at Thomas Harmon Drive in Camden. Police say trucker Gregory L. North, 39, of Federalsburg, Md., was hauling 37,000 pounds of chicken when he failed to see the red light or traffic and ran into the tanker. The tanker was carrying waste grease from restaurant use.
Information from: The News Journal of Wilmington, Del., http://www.delawareonline.com
delaware, kent county, accident, local/state
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding 5 min ago
- Turning Milder 56 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students 34 min ago
- Man dies in fast-moving blaze in Talleyville
- Car, SUV collide outside Trenton firehouse 52 min ago
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Target confirms breach; up to 40M affected
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed