Kent County sheriff charged with DUI
DOVER, Del. - June 3, 2010 -- Kent County's sheriff is facing drunken driving charges after a Delaware state trooper pulled him over south of Dover.
The Delaware State News reports that a summons filed with the Justice of the Peace Court in Dover states that 57-year-old James Higdon was driving an SUV registered to his wife when he was pulled over Saturday night.
The summons says Higdon's blood-alcohol content was 0.256, more than three times the legal limit. He is charged with driving under the influence of alcohol and must report to court on June 18. Higdon declined to comment when a Delaware State News reporter reached him by phone.
Information from: Delaware State News
delaware, kent county, DUI, local/state
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University 14 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia 7 min ago
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death 19 min ago
- Delco police standoff ends, suspect dead
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Tests confirm toxic chemicals inside Phila. fire station
- Officials: Feb. pileup on Pa. Turnpike exposed gaps 4 min ago
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course 24 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's...
19 min ago