Kent County sheriff charged with DUI
DOVER, Del. - June 3, 2010 -- Kent County's sheriff is facing drunken driving charges after a Delaware state trooper pulled him over south of Dover.
The Delaware State News reports that a summons filed with the Justice of the Peace Court in Dover states that 57-year-old James Higdon was driving an SUV registered to his wife when he was pulled over Saturday night.
The summons says Higdon's blood-alcohol content was 0.256, more than three times the legal limit. He is charged with driving under the influence of alcohol and must report to court on June 18. Higdon declined to comment when a Delaware State News reporter reached him by phone.
Information from: Delaware State News
delaware, kent county, DUI, local/state
- School Closings & Delays
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Storm brings snowy, icy conditions to Pa., NJ
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes
- Nearly 1 foot of snow in parts of Delaware
- Video: Snow-lovers sled down Art Museum steps
- Video: Time lapse of snow at the Linc
- Eagles beat Lions 34-20 in the snow
- Video: Phila. students dig out cars stuck in slush
- Video: Widener U. track team helps stuck drivers
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos