10-year-old girl found safe and sound
LAWNCREST - June 4, 2010 (WPVI) -- Police have found a 10-year-old Philadelphia girl who had been missing for more than 24 hours.
Maggie Zimmerman's family reported her missing on Thursday.
They hadn't seen her since she was spotted playing outside near her Lawncrest home on Wednesday night.
Police say she had gone to a 14-year-old girlfriend's house in North Philadelphia, and never told her parents.
Maggie actually called police after seeing her picture on the news.
She is staying at the Youth Emergency Shelter while police continue their investigation .
philadelphia, pennsylvania, missing children, local/state
- 2 dead after truck and car collide in Mercer County 46 min ago
- Very cold today, Saturday storm 3 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Suspicious package found outside Planet Fitness in Olney 20 min ago
- Suspects tie up 71-year-old in home invasion
- Worker shocked by electrical cable in East Falls
- Bandit holds up TD Bank in Chestnut Hill
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- American University campus lockdown lifted
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- Video: Cover Story: Can Foles break jinx?
- 2 dead after truck and car collide in...
46 min ago