A 2nd person has died in a weekend apartment fire
DOVER, Del. - June 7, 2010 (WPVI) -- Dover police say a second person has died as a result of injuries suffered in sunday's apartment fire.33-year-old Christina Lynn Taylor from Felton, Delaware died at Crozer Hospital Monday afternoon. One other person is still in critical condition.
The fire started around 6 a.m. Sunday at the Woodcrest Apartments along the 900 block of Woodcrest Drive in Dover, Delaware.
61-year-old Jacqueline Wuest died yesterday.
More than 125 people had to be evacuated as the fire reached 3 alarms.
The American Red Cross is assisting 12 families (41 adults & 5 children) with shelter from the apartment fire. They are continuing to work with the residents as new cases are opened.
The Red Cross is proactively contacting 16 other families who were able to find shelter with friends and/or family members, to determine their ongoing needs.
The city of Dover is taking donations of toiletries, cleaning supplies and laundry detergent. They say they have received enough clothing.
Monetary Donations can be made to the American Red Cross Delmarva, Local Disaster Relief Fund, 100 West 10th Street, Suite 501, Wilmington, Delaware 19801.
The cause of the fire is still being investigated.
delaware, dover, fire, kent county, local/state
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect 34 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Investigators chasing 'every angle' on missing jet
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge 3 min ago
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Are store credit cards worth the discount? 10 min ago
- Photos: Kevin Grow joins Harlem Globetrotters
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
34 min ago