Fire burns 20 acres of Kent County barley field
FELTON, Del. - June 9, 2010 -- Fire officials say about 20 acres of a barley field in Kent County went up in flames.
The fire started around noon Tuesday while two combines were harvesting barley in a field in Felton.
For a time, Felton Fire Department Assistant Chief Craig Killen says firefighters were concerned the flames might spread to nearby Lake Forest High School and an adjacent radio tower. But firefighters had the fire under control by 1:30 p.m.
The state Fire Marshal's office is investigating what caused the fire.
Information from: WDEL-AM, http://www.wdel.com/
delaware, kent county, fire, local/state
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Record Weekend Warmth
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos