Trial for ex-officer charged in Pa. sex assault
PENNDEL, Pa. - June 10, 2010 -- A former police sergeant who led a sex crimes unit in suburban Philadelphia has been ordered to stand trial on sexual assault charges.
Forty-one-year-old Michael Marren is charged in the alleged March 9 assault at the Bensalem Rescue Squad headquarters building. He has been fired from the Bensalem Police Department.
A woman testified Wednesday that Marren assaulted her in the bathroom of the squad building despite her efforts to dissuade him.
Jack McMahon, Marren's attorney, says the act was consensual.
Marren is charged with involuntary deviate sexual intercourse, a felony punishable by up to 20 years in prison.
He will be arraigned July 9 at Bucks County Court in Doylestown. He remains free on $100,000 bail.
Information from: Bucks County Courier Times, http://www.phillyburbs.com
pennsylvania, bucks county, bensalem, police, sex assault, local/state
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet 53 min ago
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart theft
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92 26 min ago
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing...
53 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos