Boeing suspicious device deemed harmless
RIDLEY TOWNSHIP, Pa. - June 15, 2010 (WPVI) -- Boeing officials say a suspicious package discovered this morning has been deemed harmless.
This morning around 10:00 CID Bomb Removal and local emergency responders were called out to the Boeing Plant in Ridley Township, Delaware County for the report of a bomb threat.
Boeing says an unexpected package was delivered at about 9:30.
An ex-ray showed suspicious wiring inside, and the Delaware County bomb squad was called in.
The bomb squad took precautions to ensure it was inoperable. The device was isolated and fired on by a remote gun. The package was then carried away by hand.
It was determined that the box contained an electrical component for an aircraft, and was not hazardous.
pennsylvania, delaware county, boeing, local/state
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion 27 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air 22 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Mutilated animal in Brewerytown possibly a bobcat
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects 42 min ago
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute
- Police investigate 2 shootings at illegal Trenton bar
- Wynnewood community mourns college student's death
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run 50 min ago
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley 37 min ago
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- Video: Camden H.S. wrestler wins state championship 27 min ago
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp....
27 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
22 min ago
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
42 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos