Boeing suspicious device deemed harmless
RIDLEY TOWNSHIP, Pa. - June 15, 2010 (WPVI) -- Boeing officials say a suspicious package discovered this morning has been deemed harmless.
This morning around 10:00 CID Bomb Removal and local emergency responders were called out to the Boeing Plant in Ridley Township, Delaware County for the report of a bomb threat.
Boeing says an unexpected package was delivered at about 9:30.
An ex-ray showed suspicious wiring inside, and the Delaware County bomb squad was called in.
The bomb squad took precautions to ensure it was inoperable. The device was isolated and fired on by a remote gun. The package was then carried away by hand.
It was determined that the box contained an electrical component for an aircraft, and was not hazardous.
pennsylvania, delaware county, boeing, local/state
- Photos: Weekend storm forecast maps
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Tennis coach charged with corruption of minors 25 min ago
- Arrest made after taxi carjacking in South Phila. 17 min ago
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $425-million 1 min ago
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Police: Driver dies in crash after fleeing 2 others
- Laundromat robbed in Cedarbrook 1 min ago
- Stolen Xmas decorations returned in Berks Co.
- Video captures Manayunk market break-in
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Upping Saturday's snowfall projections
28 min ago